Business, SUCCESS - Written by Shelby Skrhak on Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:10 - 23 Comments
8 Secret Time-Wasters and How to Overcome Them
There’s a reason we send Seeds of SUCCESS at 2 p.m., CT, and not first thing in the morning. We follow the mantra of time management: Tackle your most important or difficult task first thing in the morning. So if you’re reading this newsletter to avoid doing something else more important on your to-do list, we’re on to you.
“The most common time-waster is procrastination,” says author Paul J. Meyer. “People who are masters of time organization wear success blinders. They do not look to the left or the right.”
Productivity coach Cynthia Kersey highlights these procrastinating behaviors and offers ways to spur you into action:
- Talking too long on the phone
- Too frequently browsing social media sites
- Incessantly preparing and not taking action
- Failing to say no to unrelated tasks
- Failing to ask for help or follow directions
- Waiting until late in the day to do tasks
- Having a disorganized office
- Focusing on smaller, less important tasks
- Schedule phone calls with end times when possible
- Set a time limit for non-task-related Internet browsing
- Map or outline your most pressing task
- Make a short daily to-do list and say no to tasks not on that list
- Set deadlines and alarms for you to complete tasks
- Close your Internet browser or unrelated windows to avoid distraction
- Set your Chat status to “Busy” or go offline
- Place your phone on “Do Not Disturb”
People who read this also read...
- My Secret Productivity Weapon Against a Roller-Coaster Day by Amy Anderson Managing Editor Okay, so the fact that I scribbled the letter “B”...
- Part 15: How to WIN—Every Time! Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,...
- Sharma: The Time Tactics of Leaders One of the things the best of the best in business (and life) do staggeringly...
- It’s Not Enough to Be Alive – It’s Time to Thrive! What is health? Do you know and understand it only by its opposite—sickness? How do...
Also, don't forget, sign up to receive our free newsletter!
23 Responses to “8 Secret Time-Wasters and How to Overcome Them”
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- Maeghan, perhaps your parents took their prioritisation for each other a few ste...
- Heya we're for your major moment in this article. I uncovered the following boar...
- Love it! I still don't know all the stuff my phone does......probs never w...
- Hola! I've been reading your weblog for some time now and finally got the courag...
- I don't know what to say. This blog is fantastic. That's not really a ...
- Selfishness in Service: A Paradox
- Taking Out the Trash: To clear your conscience, understand the baggage you carry.
- The Oldest Millennial: Entering the 21st Century with a Smartphone at Age 23