Blog Topics, Business, Darren Hardy, Experts, Well-Being - Written by Darren Hardy on Tuesday, February 2, 2010 15:17 - 2 Comments
Part 9: Your Achievement Management System
Wow! We have covered some incredible ground thus far! You have your ambitious and appropriate goals that are based on your strengths and opportunities and have been whole-life balanced. You know who you want to become, who you want to serve and you have the strategic plan of action to achieve all your worthy goals.
Now it is time to create an execution system to implement your plan in the real world—your world.
Some of the best of intentions and greatest plans have failed because there wasn’t a system of execution to see them through. When it comes down to it, your new plans, your new actions, your new behavior, have to be implemented into your monthly, weekly and ultimately daily routine. A routine is something you do every day without fail… and eventually without thinking about it.
Consider this: Anything you are successful at you have probably developed a routine for it. How do you remember to keep your teeth healthy, your ears clean, your skin hydrated, your pantry full, the kids’ homework done, etc. You have incorporated the daily behaviors into a routine.
We also develop routines to keep ourselves sane. If we had to consciously think about every step of each ordinary task—making breakfast, driving the kids to school, getting to work, and so on—our lives would grind to a halt.
Aristotle said, “We are what we repeatedly do.”
In an interview, John C. Maxwell told me, “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
I’ve met and worked with many great achievers, CEOs and “superstars.” I can tell you that they all share this one commonality—they have developed systems for accomplishing their necessary daily disciplines. A daily routine built on good habits and disciplines is what separates the most successful amongst us from everyone else.
So, we now need to take your big goals and your strategic plan to achieve them and build an OS (Operating System) for your life. In the attached worksheets I will help you build the appropriate MOOs—Methods Of Operation. There will be Quarterly MOOs, Monthly MOOs, Weekly MOOs and Daily MOOs.
Then I will give you one of the most profound documents of this program—it is called the Weekly Rhythm Register. It will take the half-dozen key behaviors/actions you need to perform and measure each day and each week and give you a dashboard of accountability and performance tracking. This is one of the documents I use when consulting clients as a central communication and accountability mechanism. My clients pay big bucks for this info, but because you’re committed to participating in this 8-week, life-changing course, you’re getting it free!
Download and complete the ACHIEVEMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM along with the WEEKLY RHYTHM REGISTER. (Download 9; Worksheet 13) (NOTE: The links and passwords are sent via the e-mail feed. If you are just registering now, they will be sent with the next feed. E-mail feeds typically go out in the evening following the published post.)
Any new realizations, insights or ‘ah-ha’s’ experienced going through this step of the journey? Share them in the comments below.
In the next installment I will help you avoid one of the most common and biggest mistakes ambitious goal-oriented people make. It’s something that can cost you ultimate victory and great fortunes.
People who read this also read...
- Part 8: Your Strategic Plan of Action Review:INTRO, GETTING READY & Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 The difference...
- Part 4: Your BALANCE Sheet [NOTE: YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE CHALLENGE AT DARRENHARDY.SUCCESS.COM IN ORDER TO RECEIVE LINKS TO...
- Part 5 — The GRAND DESIGN! Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4 Are you ready? Ready...
- Part 7: GIVE what you WANT Review:INTRO, GETTING READY & PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 On your journey...
- Part 6: The MAGIC Factor to Achieving Your Goals Review: INTRO, GETTING READY & PARTS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Typically, the first...
Also, don't forget, sign up to receive our free newsletter!
2 Responses to “Part 9: Your Achievement Management System”
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- I know this site provides quality based articles or reviews and other informatio...
- I think that what you wrote was very logical. However, what
about this? suppos...
- I believe everything published was actually
very logical. But, what about this...
- That is precisely my experience, after reading this post Funny Side Up: Snapshot...
- Why the "Right" Answer May Not Be Your Answer
- In the Sweet Business--of Cupcakes
- Start Small Win Big Finalists: They Started Small, But They’re on Their Way to Big
- Where Credit Is Due
- Worried That You're Boring Your Audience? Demand Interesting Questions!