Posts Tagged ‘conflict’
Blog Topics, Relationships - Monday, December 17, 2012 15:30 - 5 Comments
There’s an assertiveness technique that’s known by many names, but I know it as The Three F’s. The letters stand for Fact, Feeling and Future, and the technique is useful when you’re feeling too anxious to deal with someone about a subject that’s bothering you.
Let’s say it’s the boss you need to deal with. Here’s how it works. You go into their office. “Can I have a minute?” you ask, and the boss looks up, identifies who you are, and says, “Sure.” You sit down, to get yourself on the boss’s level, and you say, “There’s just something that’s been bothering me a bit, and I’d like to improve the situation.”
“OK,” says the boss. A little crease appears between their eyebrows.
You roll out the technique.
- Don’t Let Conflict Keep You from Success
Anytime you are making ground and moving toward success, there will inevitably be the opportunity for conflict. That is just a fact of life. You put two people or more in a group and there is potential for conflict—and conflict, improperly handled, can destroy your ability to continue on and achieve your goals. This is [...]
Most Popular Content
- Awesome. I'm your target market and I would say "yes, I want to see it...
- Prescription drugs for additional severe circumstances or perhaps people who are...
- Like most people i am fully integrated - to be fair we have to be if we want t...
- Maeghan, perhaps your parents took their prioritisation for each other a few ste...
- Selfishness in Service: A Paradox
- Taking Out the Trash: To clear your conscience, understand the baggage you carry.
- The Oldest Millennial: Entering the 21st Century with a Smartphone at Age 23