Posts Tagged ‘entrepreneur challenge’
Win Big - Monday, March 11, 2013 15:54 - 6 Comments
Every business, no matter how big or small, should be on Facebook or Twitter. And if you’ve been participating in the ‘Start Small, Win Big’ entrepreneurial challenge, your small business is probably already active on both. There is, however, one common pitfall of many small biz social media accounts: an obsession with “likes.”
Yes, Facebook “likes” or Twitter “favorites” are important– vital, even– when using metrics to see what’s working or not. But even with measurement in mind, numbers are not the end goal– engagement is.
With that in mind, this week’s assignment is to audit and refine your social media strategy. Depending on your business, you can have many goals for your Facebook page or Twitter account. A food truck’s Twitter account can be used to update fans on where they’re parked for the day, while the purpose of a wedding planner’s Facebook page is to showcase her beautiful portfolio.
But, regardless of your industry, there are four C’s of social media that you’ll need to perform your social strategy audit: Communicate, Community, Content and Conversion. Continue…
- Announcing the 2012 Start Small Win Big Winners
Fit on the Fly founder Tami Provost began SUCCESS‘ Start Small, Win Big small business challenge with $52 in her business checking account. GoGeddit‘s Richie Burke and Jeremy Bemis went door to door soliciting businesses for his new daily deal site–that didn’t have a website yet. integrity/Architecture‘s Joey Nolasco and Joe Rasnick left a successful [...]
- Start Small, Win Big 2012: Your Wk 4 Action Plan
Your Week 4 Action Plan For Week 4 (Feb. 13), read the February 2012 issue for Step 4: Own Your Destiny. Then check your inbox for the Feb. 13 Start Small Win Big newsletter. This week’s assignment is discovering your brand name and create a three-goal strategy to fulfill your brand ideal. Brand Brainstorming What industry [...]
- Tory Johnson: Secrets of High-Achieving Entrepreneurs
Ever have those days when you wake up determined to tackle specific challenges? You have the best intentions about all you’re going to accomplish and you can feel the sense of elation that you’re sure you’ll experience. Then the phone rings, the dog barks, someone needs you to drop everything to help with the unexpected. [...]
- Start Small Win Big 2012: Your Wk 1 Action Plan
Your Week 1 Action Plan For Week 1 (Jan. 23), read the February 2012 issue for Step 1: Commit to Your WHY. Then check your inbox for the Jan. 23 Start Small Win Big newsletter. This week’s assignment is to find and confirm your WHY–what does your small business mean to you and why [...]
Most Popular Content
- Awesome. I'm your target market and I would say "yes, I want to see it...
- Prescription drugs for additional severe circumstances or perhaps people who are...
- Like most people i am fully integrated - to be fair we have to be if we want t...
- Maeghan, perhaps your parents took their prioritisation for each other a few ste...
- Selfishness in Service: A Paradox
- Taking Out the Trash: To clear your conscience, understand the baggage you carry.
- The Oldest Millennial: Entering the 21st Century with a Smartphone at Age 23