Posts Tagged ‘entrepreneurship’
Win Big - Wednesday, January 16, 2013 15:51 - 4 Comments
By now, I hope you’ve all read about SUCCESS’s 2nd Annual Start Small Win Big Entrepreneurial Challenge in the February 2013 issue. If you haven’t entered, well here’s my strong encouragement that you do.
Why? Well, running a small business is hard work. And, it’s difficult, when you have so much going on — from developing your product or service, to selling it, to dealing with your finances, to figuring out who is going to take out the trash — to find the time to step back and really think about what triggers you need to pull to make your company a success. This eight-week contest gives you an excuse to do just that. Continue…
- Mompreneur: Her Business and Kitchen Towels Are Locked in Place
SUCCESS.com has partnered with Lifetime Moms to introduce you to some outstanding women. Last time, we introduced you to Lori Reynolds-Lewis of Mocha Moon. Lori and these other women are lot like you—they range from stay-at-home moms to successful career women, entrepreneurs and CEOs of their homes. Meet Cindy Sawyer by Mattie Schuler Cindy [...]
- A Night Dive with Sharks
by Sam Watson SUCCESS.com Web Designer Daymond John, creator of FUBU clothing and celebrity investor on ABC’s Shark Tank, says looking back, he now sees the roots of his entrepreneurship. Speaking to a Dallas consumer banking audience recently, Daymond shared how at a young age he was shoveling snow for money and getting paid in [...]
- What Do You Do for the Non-Monetary Rewards?
In a study of 250,000 small business owners, Wave Accounting asked entrepreneurs what the non-monetary rewards for starting their own businesses were. They answered: But these new entrepreneurs are well aware of the trade-offs: variable income, long hours and strained work/life balance. Yet, for all the stresses of running a business, the study found 86 [...]
- A Letter to Our Start Small Win Big Contestants
I’m knee-deep in entries for our Start Small Win Big Challenge, and I just had to stop and tell you: I am humbled. I knew it would be tough to judge this contest. We have a crack team of judges from the editorial staff, but our readers are high achievers with big dreams—and this was [...]
Most Popular Content
- Maeghan, perhaps your parents took their prioritisation for each other a few ste...
- Heya we're for your major moment in this article. I uncovered the following boar...
- Love it! I still don't know all the stuff my phone does......probs never w...
- Hola! I've been reading your weblog for some time now and finally got the courag...
- I don't know what to say. This blog is fantastic. That's not really a ...
- Selfishness in Service: A Paradox
- Taking Out the Trash: To clear your conscience, understand the baggage you carry.
- The Oldest Millennial: Entering the 21st Century with a Smartphone at Age 23