Posts Tagged ‘fact’
Blog Topics, Relationships - Monday, December 17, 2012 15:30 - 7 Comments
There’s an assertiveness technique that’s known by many names, but I know it as The Three F’s. The letters stand for Fact, Feeling and Future, and the technique is useful when you’re feeling too anxious to deal with someone about a subject that’s bothering you.
Let’s say it’s the boss you need to deal with. Here’s how it works. You go into their office. “Can I have a minute?” you ask, and the boss looks up, identifies who you are, and says, “Sure.” You sit down, to get yourself on the boss’s level, and you say, “There’s just something that’s been bothering me a bit, and I’d like to improve the situation.”
“OK,” says the boss. A little crease appears between their eyebrows.
You roll out the technique.
Most Popular Content
- Hi Alison,
Would you have any suggestions for questions that employees could ...
- I know this site provides quality based articles or reviews and other informatio...
- I think that what you wrote was very logical. However, what
about this? suppos...
- I believe everything published was actually
very logical. But, what about this...
- Why the "Right" Answer May Not Be Your Answer
- In the Sweet Business--of Cupcakes
- Start Small Win Big Finalists: They Started Small, But They’re on Their Way to Big
- Worried That You're Boring Your Audience? Demand Interesting Questions!
- Where Credit Is Due