Posts Tagged ‘Motivation’
Experts, Patti Johnson - Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:00 - 42 Comments
“If you didn’t have a great experience in high school, it’s your fault.” I recently attended a high school graduation where the valedictorian shared her message to the graduating class. Did I hear that correctly? There was a murmur in the crowd.
Let’s just say her message didn’t resonate with all of the high school seniors ready for the next chapter (starting that night).
After thinking about it, I got her point with a few caveats. I think she was trying to say “It’s up to you. Be accountable.”
We sure don’t control everything in life. And some days it may not feel like we control much of anything. Yet successful and content people are the ones asking, “What can I do?”
- SUCCESS Quotes: Mark Victor Hansen ‘Wake Up Excited’
“When you know clearly what you want, you’ll wake up every morning excited about life.” — Mark Victor Hansen, co-author of Chicken Soup for the Soul Did you wake up excited about life? Share why with SUCCESS.
- Meeting Zig Ziglar
by Michael Levin The next-to-last time I saw Zig Ziglar, I was one of 17,000 in attendance at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California, where he was speaking as part of a program of superstars, including Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice and Joe Montana. He was onstage accompanied by his daughter, Julie Ziglar Norman. On April [...]
- SUCCESS Quotes: Napoleon Hill on ‘Impossible’
“A great many years ago I purchased a fine dictionary. The first thing I did with it was to turn to the word ‘impossible,’ and neatly clip it out of the book. That would not be an unwise thing for you to do.” –Napoleon Hill, motivational business author
- MOTIVATION: From Discipline to Mastery In Training, In Life
What gets you to do something, let alone stick with it? How do you move beyond discipline to find the joy of being fit and strong, staying engaged for the year ahead and beyond? More so than any other factor, more than knowledge–even more than the perfect plan–your ability to create, sustain and renew motivation [...]
- Pick a Fight
The phrase “life balance” is malarkey. Here is another one: “LOVE is all there is.” Ah, no, there is HATE too. Everyone needs an enemy. Luke had Darth Vader. Batman had the Joker. David had Goliath. Twenty-somethings rage against “The Man.” Rush Limbaugh has the liberals. Lance Armstrong has cancer. Apple has Microsoft. Rocky had [...]
Most Popular Content
- Now I am ready to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming
yet again t...
- The biggest downside to represent at Titan are in all likelihood considerring, "...
- Car shopping is stressful. Now that there are hundreds of makes and models to ch...
- I'm delighted to meet with Sally Papedis. Such an awesome job she has been ...
- This is interesting stuff ,surely.
This is also called conversational titillat...
- Why the "Right" Answer May Not Be Your Answer
- Plucky or Lucky, You Decide
- Start Small Win Big Finalists: They Started Small, But They’re on Their Way to Big
- In the Sweet Business--of Cupcakes
- Where Credit Is Due
- Worried That You're Boring Your Audience? Demand Interesting Questions!