Posts Tagged ‘small business’
SUCCESS - Friday, May 24, 2013 9:16 - 0 Comments
SUCCESS.com has partnered with Lifetime Moms to introduce you to some outstanding women. These women are a lot like you—they range from stay-at-home moms to successful career women, entrepreneurs and CEOs of their homes. They all attended Tory Johnson’s Spark & Hustle women’s conference this summer to learn more about growing their small business and found they learned something about themselves. We’ll feature one Lifetime Moms attendee from each city’s stop on the Spark & Hustle conference.
Meet Nicole Bateman
Technology is taking over our lives. So how does one find balance if your job is IN technology? Nicole Bateman’s family is the answer.
“I am first and foremost a wife to my college sweetheart and a mom to three teenage boys,” says Bateman. She is also a proud Chihuahua owner.
The mompreneur from Vail, Arizona, is a graphic and web designer, who customizes websites and blogs.
“I love pretty, girly things on and off the web. Fonts and html make me simply giddy,” says Bateman.
Her business, The Pixel Boutique, aims to help both new and experienced bloggers and small businesses achieve their online goals.
- Start Small Win Big Finalists: They Started Small, But They’re on Their Way to Big
For eight weeks, from January to March, approximately 2,000 SUCCESS readers challenged themselves and their small businesses by participating in the 2nd annual Start Small Win Big contest. In April they submitted their results to the judging panel of SUCCESS editors and small-business expert JJ Ramberg, who hosts MSNBC’s Your Business, a weekly show devoted [...]
- Start Small Win Big: Your Next Steps
Can you believe it has already been eight weeks since we began the 2nd annual Start Small Win Big entrepreneur challenge? We can’t either. As the SUCCESS contest draws to a close, it’s time to evaluate your week-to-week homework assignments and draw conclusions that you can share in your Start Small Win Big final submission for [...]
- Start Small Win Big: Your Week 7 Action Plan
Step 7: Tap your network. Your network is everything. It’s how you find good employees, figure out which lawyer to hire, and how you get people to take meetings with you. Ask any angel investor or venture capitalist and they’ll tell you that, nine times out of ten (or really 999 out of 1,000), they [...]
- Start Small Win Big: Your Week 1 Action Plan
Start Small Win Big: Your Week 1 Action Plan
January 21, 2013
Editor’s note: This is the first of eight installments for SUCCESS’s 2nd annual Start Small Win Big entrepreneur challenge.
Welcome to the best eight weeks of your small business and welcome to Week 1! Let's get started with Step 1: Refine your elevator pitch.
This week’s assignment is to prepare five pitches– one that fills 20 seconds, one minute, five minutes, 20 minutes and one hour. Grab the notebook you'll use to collect your thoughts and assignments for this entrepreneurial challenge, and start writing with our tips below. Then, we encourage you to share your one minute pitch with us on the SUCCESS YouTube channel, where you’ll meet your fellow Start Small Win Big contestants. CONTINUE READING
Most Popular Content
- Maeghan, perhaps your parents took their prioritisation for each other a few ste...
- Heya we're for your major moment in this article. I uncovered the following boar...
- Love it! I still don't know all the stuff my phone does......probs never w...
- Hola! I've been reading your weblog for some time now and finally got the courag...
- I don't know what to say. This blog is fantastic. That's not really a ...
- Selfishness in Service: A Paradox
- Taking Out the Trash: To clear your conscience, understand the baggage you carry.
- The Oldest Millennial: Entering the 21st Century with a Smartphone at Age 23