SUCCESS - Written by Shelby Skrhak on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 16:33 - 0 Comments
Wild and Crazy Guy
We held out as long as we possibly could, but for this SUCCESS Blog post, we couldn’t resist using Steve Martin’s classic Saturday Night Live punch line as the headline.
The June 2011 SUCCESS Cover Story features Steve Martin and reveals why he’s still the hardest working comedian in the industry. Martin has added Twitter to his gigs, introducing a young, “Sh*t My Dad Says”-type crowd to his own brand of comic genius.
This spring, when a cobra went missing from the Bronx Zoo, Martin tweeted:
An Egyptian cobra has escaped and is hiding in the Bronx Zoo. I’m sitting in my King Tut hat by the phone awaiting their call for help.
Then hours later:
Phone rings. Caller ID: Bronx Zoo. I put on King Tut hat, ready for action. It’s the snake. Hard to hear. Lots of hissing on line.
That wild and crazy King Tut.
Also, don't forget, sign up to receive our free newsletter!
Leave a Reply
Most Popular Content
- I know this site provides quality based articles or reviews and other informatio...
- I think that what you wrote was very logical. However, what
about this? suppos...
- I believe everything published was actually
very logical. But, what about this...
- That is precisely my experience, after reading this post Funny Side Up: Snapshot...
- This article is enlightening the informative facts in making us observe the real...
- Why the "Right" Answer May Not Be Your Answer
- In the Sweet Business--of Cupcakes
- Start Small Win Big Finalists: They Started Small, But They’re on Their Way to Big
- Where Credit Is Due
- Worried That You're Boring Your Audience? Demand Interesting Questions!